Aimee's Back Story
"I have struggled with food sensitivities for most of my life. Unfortunately, I could only guess what foods were causing my issues for years. Therefore, I suffered for decades before I ever found any answers.
In 2014 I finally decided to get to the bottom of my IBS symptoms. I decided to do a combination of a food sensitivity test and an elimination diet to determine what my food issues were. At the time, I had little faith that it would actually solve my issues.. but here I am several years later thriving with little to no symptoms!
While eating around food sensitivities can be a challenge, life is so much easier knowing what makes me sick and what keeps me feeling great."
Food Sensitivity Test:
It's best to learn your food sensitivities so you can control your food and not let it control you! We are firm believers that knowledge is power and once you know what the problem is, you have the power to decide how you want to feel on a daily basis. We have a couple of options to help you find out what foods bother you. I typically like to start with the MRT Food Sensitivity Test to get to the bottom of your food sensitivities quick and efficiently!
This test is frequently used in combination with the GI-Map Test + The Micronutrient Panel.
The MRT Test is utilized for those primarily struggling with:
IBS with diarrhea
Migraines (2+ per month)
Fibromyalgia with IBS
Chronic Sinus Headaches
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Other Autoimmune Disorders
Tests 170 different foods + chemical profiles
Tests 130 different food + chemical profiles
Tests 85 different food + chemical profiles
How it works:
1. A blood sample is drawn and sent to the lab on the same day - usually at "Any Lab Tests Now!"
2. The lab divides the sample into 150 equal units plus control samples.
3. Each sample is then analyzed in sequence and compared to the patients own control samples to check for any mediator release from the cells regardless of cell class or mechanism.
4. The degree of reactivity to the food substance is determined by the degree of change in liquids to solids ratio
5. A specific elimination diet is then developed to match your results
6. Once lab results come in, you will initially be educated to eat only the least reactive of the Non-reactive foods
7. Slowly, we will reintroduce new Non-reactive foods
8. Finally, you will be advised to avoid all Moderately Reactive and Highly Reactive foods
Measures ALL Non-IgE Hypersensitivity Reactions
Food + Chemicals tested
Personal Diet Plan
Not Food Allergy Test
Test must be preformed within 36 hours of blood draw
Test is not covered by insurance
What you get:
List of reactive & non-reactive foods
Pocket-sized card of reactive foods
1 60-minute nutrition counseling appointment to review your results & discuss your new plan
Tips on trying new foods
3-5 Phase Support on Elimination + Reintroducing
Meal Plan for each phase
Rotating food ideas for variety
15% off any recommended supplements
Keys to Success:
Symptoms must be severe enough to affect your quality of life.
You must be motivated to make life-long dietary changes.
Having a dietitian who is here for you and can answer your questions and provide support.
Being commintted to follow-ups for continued support to make these modifications a lifestyle.